1. Hifi audio equipment is a difficult, specialised market and the target audience is a demanding one, loyal to their favourite manufacturers. Launching a new brand here is extremely challenging task.
2. An experienced Polish manufacturer of specialised audio equipment, HEM, has given us full confidence in the overall care of its new brand, Ferrum.
3. The Hypsos hybrid power supply is Ferrum’s first product and also sets the stylistic direction for the whole product line.
4. Aware of how much depended on its distinctive character, we decided use unprecedented materials in the world of hifi.
5. Our role included developing the design for the Hypsos power supply, Oor headphones amp and creating a visual identity for the whole brand.
1. In the search for a distinctive and coherent stylistic language, we decided to rely on the connotations of the name itself. The manufacturer uses the name to refer to the family tradition of craftsmanship and to the regional richness of iron ore.
2. The starting point was the material concrete. Ferrum, i.e. iron, is associated with the solidity of the blacksmith’s craft, with durability, reliability, with strong construction materials.
3. We developed an emblem based on the chemical symbol of the element, and in the design of the front panel of the device we selected materials to correspond with the brand message.
4. Anodised aluminium is combined here with the natural patina of Corten steel. “Rough” aesthetics, unusual for hifi equipment of this class, set Ferrum apart from the neat but anonymous competition.
1. The brand’s name and selection of materials became the starting point for further activities – packaging design, photography, website.
2. A coherent strategy based on visual identity linked directly to design has proven to work.
3. The Ferrum Hypsos power supply received a very enthusiastic reception in the press and sales exceeded the most optimistic estimates.
4. Hypsos succeeded in creating a unique product with a strong identity and a design language for Ferrum’s subsequent proposals.
5. Hifi reviewers praise the unique aesthetics, attention to details and consistency of the design for the whole product line.
6. A successful debut augurs well for further development of the brand.
7. The Polish brand scored a prestigious EISA award with its first product, the Hypsos power supply in 2021.
HYPSOS has defined a brand new category of a hifi products. It’s not a simple power supply but an audio component of its own – an equally (or even more) important part of a setup as any other. HYPSOS offers a selection of unique features and even accounts for future software improvements – the device is software controlled with as few hardware dependent elements as possible.
OOR has redefined the category of headphone amplifiers. OOR will drive any headphones effortlessly to the max of their potential, while preserving the essence of the music it amplifies. Zero distortion, zero fatigue, huge dynamics and unrivaled detail result in ultimate enjoyment. OOR actually makes something that is very difficult to accomplish, seem like the most natural thing on earth.
1. Commercial success exceeded the producer’s wildest predictions.
2. We have generated a huge amount of interest from the target consumers.
3. We have attracted the audiophile market with a very unique product and aesthetic.
4. We developed the project comprehensively: brand image, website, brochures, press advertising, packaging, visuals, design.
5. We have built complete design architecture for future products.
6. We perfected the design in every detail (structure, paint shade, material matching, anodes with lacquer, corten stabilisation).
7. We fully lived up to the trust placed in us by the client. The market success of the brand depended on our design.